I have battled Mekersson Rosenthal for close to 30 years. I have surgery on one lip (reduction) and now I'm dealing with my lower lip. Tried Clofazamine, Steriods, Anti-biotics - nothing seems to really work. I find it very difficult on my self-perception and confidence. Can anyone relate? Have any advice on how to handle the stress and how to treat ti?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 6th, 2012
I have had MRS for 3 years. It is horrible! I have also had reduction therapy on my upper eyelid and eyeball which is also swollen. My lips aren't that bad....yet! Medication also did not work for me! So sorry you have suffered with this for 30 years. I am just worried that my children will have it!
|

replied January 21st, 2014
Melkerson Rosenthal Syndrome - Treatment
So I was a real teeth grinder and I finally started wearing a mouthguard the dentist made for me. And the fabulous news is that after 2 years I have not had a recurrence of MRS. So, if you grind at night - start wearing a mouthguard, it might just stop the inflammation in the lips because you are not irritating them every night.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....