if someone took 600 mg of serequel(3x thei normal dose), 100 mg of trazadone, 50 mg of lemictal, and 3 zoloft tablets with 3 shots of vodka could they die?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 19th, 2012
Experienced User
Yeah, that wasn't really the best idea.

So, I plugged your little cocktail into the interactions checker to see what popped up, and did some additional looking around on standard dosages.

The worst thing it turned up is the possible interaction between trazodone and zoloft, actually. Could precipitate serotonin syndrome--rare, but serious and potentially fatal. Sheesh, the conbinations they prescribe these days, does anyone ever actually check to see if they're safe? "Symptoms of the serotonin syndrome may include mental status changes such as irritability, altered consciousness, confusion, hallucination, and coma; autonomic dysfunction such as tachycardia, hyperthermia, diaphoresis, shivering, blood pressure lability, and mydriasis; neuromuscular abnormalities such as hyperreflexia, myoclonus, tremor, rigidity, and ataxia; and gastrointestinal symptoms such as abdominal cramping, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea." Since it seems you took a good sized dose of both, you really need to watch for those symptoms. Each other med combo (looked at individually, e.g., zoloft and lamictal, lamictal and trazodone, etc.) has an additive central nervous system depressant effect, all of which are further potentiated by the alcohol.

In short, I think you should seek medical attention. At the very least, find someone that can be near you to watch for the above symptoms, as I expect that soon enough you're not going to be capable of doing that very well on your own.

Post back and let us know you're okay.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply