Medical Questions > Womens Health > Ovulation and Ovaries Forum

medroxyprogesterone/how soon will I start period after this?

3 Question on when I will start period and will I ovulate when I do?

Found out I have had severe endometriosis for at least 3 years, just completed 4th and last Lupron shot (been 30 days) and I am choosing to have a baby now.

1-Was started on 10mg of medroxyprogesterone, how soon do you suspect I will get my period?

2-Also, the dr. told us to keep practicing before we started this but didn't have period so there is no way I could be pregnant already, right?

3-when I start my period, how long after will I ovulate? When is best time to try to get pregant.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 9th, 2011
Another question (new poster), about how long till I hear a response? I have read other threads on this, but couldn't find one JUST like this, very curious, I want children more than I could ever convey!
|

replied July 9th, 2011
Anyone here who has been on Lupron and given provera to start period? How long did it take after 'so many shots' etc?

When they did the laproscopy and because it had been at 3 yr undiagnosed they could NOT laser anything out because of the depth of the endo.

It will go to my fallopian tubes next to this is as dr. said, 'a race against 'time'...
|

User Profile
replied September 24th, 2012
Mrs_Jolayemi
How rude of people. I know this post is ols but in case there are any new people out there looking for this info who happen to run accross this page.... I have been diagnosed w PCOS. Dh and i have been ttc for 2 years! So i went to a Obgyn as i never had regular periods. His first course of action was a laporoscopy to make sure everything was ok there. My tubes are both open, i have eggs and they are of good quality! So he then talked to me about me Afs and come to find out what i was considering a Af each month was not a Af at all! Sorry is tmi but every month at different times i had a very dark almost black (bleed) for 7 days. I considered that my period. He said that is not a period that just means my lining has built up so thick that the old tissue just falls off. So all my life i've never had periods. He proscribed me clomid 50mg days 5-9 and medroxypro 10mg for 10 days to bring on Af. I just completed the medroxtpr yesterday. I've herd that most women start from 3-7 days after completing it but it's not uncommon for some to not start for uo to 2 weeks. If you havnt started after 2 weeks u should consult your doctor. I will let you know when af comes.
|
Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....