Medical Questions > Debate Forums > Medical Marijuana Debate Forum

Medical Marijuana or Cannabis - The Real Story

User Profile
First & foremost, Cannabis (marijuana) is not a drug. It's a organically grown herb just like oregano, basil or parsley. It was only labeled a drug by Uncle Sam, and for two reasons. 1. To give the government a reason to deport migrant Mexican workers in California in the 30's. 2. As another way to harass blacks and black musicians in the 30's, (don't believe me, look it up - http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/sh ows/dope/etc/cron.html). This prompted the Marijuana Tax Act in 1937 which effectively criminalized marijuana. BTW, Cannabis is the only naturally growing organism to be legislated as illegal.

Second, Cannabis (Hemp) is the worlds most useful plant. It it used worldwide to make everything from clothing to clothes line. In fact during world war ll the U.S. Department of Agriculture launched its "Hemp for Victory" program, encouraging farmers to plant hemp by giving out seeds and granting draft deferments to those who would stay home and grow hemp. The Hemp was used for for producing marine cordage, parachutes, and other military necessities. Just like Uncle Sam to change his tune when his ass is up against the wall. And by the way, where the hell did he get the seeds????!!!!!

Third, prohibition in any form does not work, as evidenced by the infamous and hugely unsuccessful Volstead Act of 1917 which resulted in the criminalization of producers, suppliers, transporters and consumers of intoxicating liquors. History tells us that this act fostered in the highest era of crime our country has known to date. Plus, it did not stop, but rather increased, the demand and consumption of alcohol until it's repeal. The same is true of marijuana. While Uncle Sam spends billions of our tax dollars trying and prohibit it's use, consumption grows every year.

Lastly, the current policy of national and some state/local government authorities to outlaw the use of marijuana for medical use (especially in terminally ill patients) is criminal at best. There is absolutely no logical justification for legislating pain and suffering. Unless there is an ulterior motive, like protecting the big pharmaceutical companies maybe? glance

Don't Step on The Grass Sam. Don't Be Such an Ass Sam! hides

So what do you think? All views and thoughts accepted.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied February 25th, 2014
It’s a nice post, and the points mentioned are very important for people of all ages.
|

replied May 16th, 2018
Hey, forum dwellers! I have a cool story for you. I live in Nevada, and a new drugstore has been recently opened in our town. So, here's the deal - they sell hemp oil there. I wonder if it's legal in our state, and opinions of my friends differ. I've found out that such oil is not a narcotic but in some states it's selling is prohibited. So, most of my friends wanted to buy the stuff but they couldn't do that - they had no medical prescription. So, guess it's not harmless at all if it needs to be prescribed.
|

replied October 19th, 2018
I have a story too. i started smoking weed 5 years ago. I am cryptominer. Work is not so tense but difficult and sometimes boring. I start smoking when i was alone with all this machines! I have salary paid in dollars and bitcoins. I decided that i will spent bitcoins on buying weed and salary goes to my wife. Somehow but she found out that i am a "weedman" and now i cant purchase weed. So what can i do? is there any ways to make quiet purchases out if my wifes eyes?
|