Medical Questions > Debate Forums > Medical Marijuana Debate Forum

Medical Marijuana and what it has done for me.

My name is josh dyer and i believe medical marijuana should be legalized for a numerous of reasons, ever since i entered middle school i was a victim of bullies from all age groups due to my weight. I brushed it off and continued my education until freshman year in high school when the bullying became increasingly worse, i took my shot at football because i thought it would be good for me to get exercise and and to try and fit in with my peers, this completely back fired on me and gave them even more reason to put me down. It got to the point that whenever i spoke out loud i only received negative comments so i just kept quiet the entire year. Even the following year my very own friends(which very little i had) seemed to give me the worst of it, i couldn't escape it anywhere i went until i met the girl of my dreams who became my very first real best friend she made life worth while and enjoyable we dated for almost two years and our relationship ended it ended very poorly and she cheated on me with her previous ex and that hit me extremely hard i only looked at life as black and white no in between and that life would never get better,i was on the brink of suicide ever since i was in seventh grade it was always on my mind and after my girl broke up with me my thoughts of ending everything returned my friends saw the change and didnt like it(despite them being one of the many reasons why i had the thoughts) i was raised to believe all drugs are bad and to never try them as i did and never thought twice about rejecting it until finally my relationship with the girl of my dreams ended and i thought well it couldnt hurt to try marijuana, my three friends, andrew, collin, and daniel gave me marijuana and it eased the pain so much to a point that throughout the year i actually started to enjoy life and was able to show people a whole new side of me i made friends with just about everyone in my highschool career and would smoke regularly with my friends it took away my depression, my stress, and my anxiety through this "drug" i overcame my internal problems and started to help many others with their own battles of stress and depression and also anxiety, by halfway in my senior year i decided to sell it to my friends and was caught in the process and now i am not able to smoke, HOWEVER i do not require it anymore now that ive realized my depression is completely gone and i can deal with my own stress and anxiety problems in ways where i dont require marijuana anymore. the whole main idea of the story is that marijuana doesnt just help with all those diseases you read about it helps a great deal with depression, anxiety, and stress and in a time where adolescents are at points in their lives where it seems like too much whether it be school, relationships, family or else, marijuana can ease the pain several of my friends who have self harmed. or were doing the hardcore stuff such as acid, LSD, shrooms, or even cocaine to try and push the pain away, after trying marijuana they gradually decreased in doing these activities over time and are now able to cope and deal with their daily problems marijuana can help millions and for a nation "under god" to try and keep a god given plant illegal and away from the public is in my opinion is immoral and wrong, all of the prescribed drugs have side effects and marijuana isnt different, ive noticed short term memory loss in a few situations but not enough to connect it to marijuana, there are others of course but you can do your own research on that. In the short time span of disuse of marijuana in my system ive noticed im alot more tired and i have a hard time paying attention in class, ive noticed absolutely no change physically yet though.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 27th, 2014
if i was never introduced to marijuana there is one fact that stands, I WOULD NOT BE ALIVE TODAY.
|
Did you find this post helpful?