if someone is resuscitated in the ER after having a heart attack.an unfortnately they suffered broke rib during CPR.........this is an explain of what kind of fracture
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 27th, 2012
A broken rib can occur in the process of chest compression to achieve resuscitation. Such rib fractures are a small price to pay for survival, and usually heal nicely.
Please keep in mind that I am unable to diagnose medical conditions online.

An easy-to-read book about the heart for lay persons. Available at major online book retailers and other fine bookstores.
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied January 7th, 2013
I think this is rib fracture and it is essential that the CPR should be performed by a trained person. The CPR process should be done according to the ABC rule i.e. Airway, Breathing, and Circulation. Moreover the weight of the victim has little to do with the chances of breaking a rib break or fracture instead it depends on the age of the victim that seems to determine the weakness of the bones.
|
Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Heart Disease and Heart Attack , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.