Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

medical advisor prescribed me to use medroxy progesteron

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
User Profile
my age 32yrs, 2 children, suffering heavy periods, scan result shows: uterus size of 72x51x39mm, ecotexture show a small echogenic SOL of 17x14mm in left pole of fundus, endometrium 9.9 mm with tripple layer sign. my question is is it a fibroid? my medical advisor prescribed me to use medroxy progesteron 10 mg BID for 1st 15 days after period and then 10 mg OID. started this treatment on 19-1-12 meanwhile on 26-1-12 during intercourse i felt pain and bleeding also. i'm worried. is it the right treatment i'm following.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied January 26th, 2012
Vaginal and Uterus Health Answer A30798
Welcome to ehealthforum.
The ultrasound scan report as described by you suggests possibility of endometrial polyp or a Submucosal fibroid. The endometrial thickness and sign could also suggest endometrial hyperplasia. You can consider taking second opinion from another gynecologist for your symptoms and investigation results. Proceed with further management as instructed after your second opinion based on examination findings and investigation results correlated with your symptoms. Consider being in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.