Hey guys...I'm 5'7, 163 pounds and a soccer player. I'm looking to lose and drop my Body fat percent to around 4-6%.

The only problem i have is finding a nutrition guide. I have all the workouts down and know what i must do on that end.

However i'm having trouble with the eating. Specifically not knowing when i should eat.

I usually have breakfast around 10am...but i don't know when i should have my snack then lunch then snack again and then dinner.

Also what foods i should be eating. My diet is suppose to consist of 50% protein 30% carbs and 20% fats.

If anyone can link to a good nutrition guide or help me prepare one i would really appreciate it. Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 4th, 2009
Thanks for writing in with you question and your plan. My first question to you is - why a body fat percentage of 4-6%? Why/how did you arrive at that percentage? It is highly likely that it is too low to be healthy. Since you have a specific goal in mind I'd recommend that you verify whether or not it is reasonable for you. Dropping too much weight given your body type and nutritional needs may result in a drop in performance, your inability to participate in soccer and/or your seriously compromised health. Rather than trying to do this on your own, I'd recommend that you consult with a nutitionist AND and physician who has experience working with athletes and eating disorders. I do not know if you are struggling wiht an eating disorder. If you are not, professionals with knowledge of eating disorders can help you achieve the kind of fitness you desire in a healthy so that you do not unintentionally develop a set of behaviors that seriously compromise your health. If you are already struggling with symptoms consistent with an eating disorder I'd also recommend that you considered working with a licensed mental health professional who specialized in eating disorders and if possible also has experience working with athletes.

Best wishes to you as you maintain your health, your fitness, and your participation in sport.

-Dr. Selby

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Pregnancy Fitness, Health and Nutrition , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.