Medical Questions > Mens Health > Birth Control - Men Forum

Me and a girl had unprotected sex..

Me and a girl had unprotected sex.. I got her to take a plan b pill 2 hours later. The next day she tells me her period is on.. Can she still be pregnant?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 23rd, 2015
Leave A Reply
|

User Profile
replied November 23rd, 2015
Community Volunteer
Unlikely.
|

User Profile
replied November 30th, 2015
Welcome to e health forum.

Your partner might be experiencing side effects due to the use of emergency contraceptives or it could be that she is having her regular periods.

In both the scenarios, it is not possible that she can get pregnant.

Taking emergency contraceptive pills should be only in case, when you are supposed to be in the unsafe or ovulatory phase of the cycle. Taking the pill outside of this period (as in your case) does not provide any use.

Common side effects of emergency contraception include menstrual irregularities including delayed or missed periods, reduced or increased menstrual flow, change in pattern of cycles, etc.

In the future, if you plan to be sexually active on a regular basis, you should be a responsible adult and have knowledge about reproductive health (sex education) and how to avoid issues like unwanted pregnancies.

It would be recommended to adopt a proper contraceptive method like Birth control or injectable Hormones or Intrauterine devices to protect against pregnancy. Dependence on ECP (emergency contraceptive pills) as a regular contraceptive is not recommended.

I hope this helps.
|
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Birth Control - Men , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.