Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Brain and Head Injuries Forum

MD suggested to take help of neurologist

My Dad admitted to the hospital due to food stuck in food pipe & little bit breathing issue,after 3 days discharged from the hospital. still he is facing issues while swallowing & while walking hes body gets cold & he couldnot keep his head staright and facing issues while talking. now MD suggested to take help of neurologist so is it logical to take help of neurologist?? or any other suggestion from your end pls help me on this
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied March 31st, 2018
Yes, these symptoms point towards a stroke or CNS lesion. Brain imaging CT/MRI is indicated in such a scenario. Particularly a CT brain initially to rule out a bleed and start the patient on anti platelets thereafter. The MRI should be important to pick up evidence of microvascular ischemic changes and brainstem/ cerebellum lesions more accurately. So in short, Yes, a neurologist or an internal medicine doctor should be consulted.

Did you find this post helpful?

replied July 29th, 2018
I was looking into a similar question and was advised by my friend an internal medicine doctor to find a neurologist who specializes in the particular issue involving my brain. Best of luck to all..
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Brain and Head Injuries , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.