Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Disorder Forum

Maybe my abusive husband is Bipolar?

My husband is very verbally and emotionally abusive to me. (it's really bad) the reason I am posting here is because I remember a few years ago his oldest son told me that he (my husband) was diagnosed as being bipolar when he was still married to his first wife (his son's mother). When he told me I just sort of let it go because I wasn't convinced that he was showing symptoms of Bipolar I just thought he was plain Mean and Hateful and abusive. Now I am starting to wonder. If he is Bipolar then I think I should know and he should defineately be seeing someone and probably medicated. So, what are the symptoms of Bipolar. One more thing, he never show signs of de;pression which is something that I thought was at least one symptom. HELP!!!! What are the symptoms how can I tell?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 23rd, 2012
Community Volunteer
Hi Ashley1213 and welcome to ehealth: There are many signs of Bipolar...Each person is different...You may want to google the word to see what is written...If his actions are questionable you may want to encourage him to see a doctor...Take care...

Caroline
|

User Profile
replied April 1st, 2012
Normally high mood followed by periods of low mood depending on what type of bipolar a person has. I am bipolar 1 and when high have had pressured and fast speech, agitation, delusions of grandeur, unlimited energy, inability to sleep and can be argumentative and paranoid to a degree especially when I have been psychotic... When low I am exactly the opposite, no energy, morbidly depressed, no confidence etc... Hope this helps.
Thought I should mention that after treatment many years ago (I still take mood stabilizers) my symptoms all disapeared and I feel fine.
|
Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...