Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

maybe a kidney infection?

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
User Profile
I am 28 & I had a tubal location done after I had my son in 2006, I am have severe abdominal pain, swollen abdomen, lower back pain. I am just wanting to know what it could be, I have had these pains for 2 days & I was thinking maybe a kidney infection but I have taken antibiotics for that & I have been drinking alot of water & cranberry juice & it does not feel better, what should I do

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied July 8th, 2011
Abdominal Pain Answer A24803

Welcome to ehealthforum

The symptoms reported by you could be due to pelvic disease,Kidney issues,abdominal disorders etc.Swollen abdomen along with pain is not a good symptom and needs evaluation.Do not drink too much water as it might increase the swelling and kindly avoid self medications without knowing the cause.
Consider visiting a Physician earliest for clinical examination and you might require Blood tests and USG scan to rule out the exact cause.

Take Care!

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.