Medical Questions > Nutrition > Diet Pills Forum

Massive hair loss due to duromine appetite suppressant

Hi I have been taking this appetite suppressant called duromine for 1.5 months already. I noticed that I am dropping alot alot alot of hair recently. I notice more than 20 strands of hair fall on the chair even though im just sitting for just 1 hour without touching my hair. When I bathe, I see my hair clog up the drain. I have considerably longer hair, length below my bra clip. I also have natural thin hair. This hair loss is putting me to stress and I can feel myself balding soon. I look at the fallen hair strands and noticed that all of it dropped from the hair follicle, and not due to hair breakage. I usually take 30mg duromine once every 2 days at 9am. I notice that I cannot sleep at night til 4am also. Why is this happening? I eat lesser but i still do eat 3-4 small meals a day. I'm only 18 and I'm so worried I will be bald soon. Please help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 25th, 2012
The best time to take Duromine is early in the morning eg. 0600am. Because as your finding out you don't sleep. Plus if you have a low activity level during the day that can also contribute to it. So you may also need to increase your activity levels. In regards to the hairloss you need to consult your doctor.
|

User Profile
replied February 2nd, 2017
Carrots have multiple health benefits. However, when it comes to hair, the essential nutrients in them - vitamin C, K, A, B2, B3, B6, B1, and other minerals stimulate growth, improve blood flow, strengthen the follicles, and prevent breakage. On the other hand, lemon juice is enriched with vitamin C, B, pectin, folic acid, flavonoids, phosphorus, calcium, and magnesium.
|
Must Read
Hair loss affects more than half of the population by age 60. Start here for basic info on hair loss and types of hair loss that doctors can diagnose....
What causes hair loss? Read on for a complete list of possible causes so that you can evaluate and identify hair loss causes....
Do you know the early signs of hair loss? And when does hair loss require medical attention? Get better results for treating hair loss by identifying it early....