Medical Questions > Cancer > Thyroid Cancer Forum

2 masses, family dr wants biopsy but surgeon want to wait

User Profile
I have 2 masses one on left and one on right of thyroid. Fluid on Right one and hard on Left. family dr wanted biopsy but surgeon want to wait 6 mos is this normal


Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 22nd, 2015
(online)
Thyroid Cancer Answer A52256
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

If there is uncertain opinion about the nature of the masses then there is no point in waiting out for 6 months. Excisional biopsy should be the way to go in my opinion. You should take another opinion from an internal medicine doctor and a radiologist for the way forward to be more clear.


Wishing you best of health

Thanks


|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Thyroid Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.