Medical Questions > Cancer > Brain Cancer Forum

Mass in back of brain

User Profile
About a year ago during a rutine MRI there was a grape size mass found in the back of my brain. all of the follow up MRIs have shown no new growth, but in the last couple of weeks i have had messed up sleep patterns and major mood swings. my next MRI is in about a month what could it be and should i wait the month for my mri or call the doctor and have them reschdule it earlier?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 2nd, 2009
Brain Cancer Answer A6712
It is difficult to say if your mood swings and sleep habit changes have anything to do with the lesion in your brain (also, you did not mention what your doctors believe this mass to be). Unfortunately, you are also at an age where mood swings and changes in sleep patterns are very common.

If you are concerned, and especially if it has been 6 months or more since your last MRI, then you might ask your doctor to order another MRI to give you (and your doctor) some peace of mind, and to ensure the stability of this lesion in your brain.

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS
A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Brain basics here - what is a tumor and how do doctors understand brain cancer? ...
What puts you at risk of developing brain cancer? Review the most common risk factors for brain cancer so that you can be informed....
Brain cancer symptoms are wide ranging and various. Look out for these common symptoms of brain cancer and learn when you should seek medical help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Brain Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.