Medical Questions > Debate Forums > General Debate Forum

Marriage versus civil union (venting)

User Profile
Anyone who knows law would know there is a huge difference between civil union and marriage, gays people want the same right to marry because they feel they should have the exact same right as you and for what because you think its a biological defect.

Some of the differences
-you cannot visit your significant other in the hospital (in a civil union)
-you do not get any special tax breaks
-You are not accepted in the military
-you are not included on your significant others insurance
-If you significant other passes away you may loose everything (such as a house, monetary gains, possessions)
-you cannot adopt children in cases that marriage is a necessity, since every adoption agency has different rules
-You are not granted access to any government grants/programs that require marriage as a requirement
etc etc feel free to add

I love how people will call them biological defects, when they are biological defected in a man made world, that evolution prevails with century and we advance on a daily basis in science or other focus areas. I love how they deny simpleton science and the laws of attraction (pheromones) and how they say we are socially conditioned yet attraction is decided our biological process. I love how they will allow infertile straight couples to marry, when they are unable to reproduce yet it is wrong for gays to marry because they cannot reproduce. Another one would be how they allow for older widowers or just older people to marry who cannot reproduce or the amount of people who annul their marriage is not noted.

They cry out for a sanctity of marriage when the rate of divorce in North America is 50-51% not including how many people annuled their marriage in the first six months. They say we are straight people who are sin but how can one sin should they not believe in the concept of sinning? Are they human then?

The preach gay people to be a diesease, they ostracize us from society and furthermore preach love and to love thy neighbor. The ask us why we would want to be gay knowing that our lives will be full of hardships and we will be rejected, harrased, abused and ostracized from their denomination of a perfect world, as well as an afterlife.

They say we affect out lives, that our gay marriage would affect their marriage but does it not affect us? The answer is it does affect us, when you find someone who you are attracted too and has a great personality irregardless of their sex you should enjoy their company.

Gay people are supposedly harmful to children but just because you have a uterus does not equate you to being a good parent, a crack mother can have sex but is she a good mother?

Are people that afraid of what they are not educated on that they result and continue to return to their bigotry? Bigots are uneducated people who are utterly intolerant of anothers persons orientation, sex, age, belief, creed, color etc etc.

Are you a bigot?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 15th, 2009
Community Volunteer
I agree with you Dia. I see no reason why two happy people, regardless of their sex, cannot be eligible for all the marital benefits that every hetero couple is.
|
Users who thank motherofhighspiritedones for this post: diamondsz  homerx 

User Profile
replied February 16th, 2009
Community Volunteer
motherofhighspiritedones wrote:
I agree with you Dia. I see no reason why two happy people, regardless of their sex, cannot be eligible for all the marital benefits that every hetero couple is.
dido! It is another of lifes unfair BS one sided things..all we can do is fight for change.Complaining makes you feel better but action ROCKS the world!
|
Users who thank homerx for this post: diamondsz 

replied February 17th, 2009
Active User, very eHealthy
Re: Marriage versus civil union (venting)
diamondsz wrote:
Anyone who knows law would know there is a huge difference between civil union and marriage, gays people want the same right to marry because they feel they should have the exact same right as you and for what because you think its a biological defect.

Some of the differences
-you cannot visit your significant other in the hospital (in a civil union)
-you do not get any special tax breaks
-You are not accepted in the military
-you are not included on your significant others insurance
-If you significant other passes away you may loose everything (such as a house, monetary gains, possessions)
-you cannot adopt children in cases that marriage is a necessity, since every adoption agency has different rules
-You are not granted access to any government grants/programs that require marriage as a requirement
etc etc feel free to add

I love how people will call them biological defects, when they are biological defected in a man made world, that evolution prevails with century and we advance on a daily basis in science or other focus areas. I love how they deny simpleton science and the laws of attraction (pheromones) and how they say we are socially conditioned yet attraction is decided our biological process. I love how they will allow infertile straight couples to marry, when they are unable to reproduce yet it is wrong for gays to marry because they cannot reproduce. Another one would be how they allow for older widowers or just older people to marry who cannot reproduce or the amount of people who annul their marriage is not noted.

They cry out for a sanctity of marriage when the rate of divorce in North America is 50-51% not including how many people annuled their marriage in the first six months. They say we are straight people who are sin but how can one sin should they not believe in the concept of sinning? Are they human then?

The preach gay people to be a diesease, they ostracize us from society and furthermore preach love and to love thy neighbor. The ask us why we would want to be gay knowing that our lives will be full of hardships and we will be rejected, harrased, abused and ostracized from their denomination of a perfect world, as well as an afterlife.

They say we affect out lives, that our gay marriage would affect their marriage but does it not affect us? The answer is it does affect us, when you find someone who you are attracted too and has a great personality irregardless of their sex you should enjoy their company.

Gay people are supposedly harmful to children but just because you have a uterus does not equate you to being a good parent, a crack mother can have sex but is she a good mother?

Are people that afraid of what they are not educated on that they result and continue to return to their bigotry? Bigots are uneducated people who are utterly intolerant of anothers persons orientation, sex, age, belief, creed, color etc etc.

Are you a bigot?

Good post! I hate when they say that making gay marriage legal would ruin the sanctity of marriage. I especially hate when they use the slogan "Protect Marriage!" Protect? It's not like straight marriage would end or become illegal if gay marriage were to become legal! I'm pretty sure there will still be plenty of people getting married to the opposite sex. I have yet to see how gay marriage will hurt straight marriage in any way.
|
Users who thank DeleteThisProfilePlease for this post: homerx  diamondsz 

User Profile
replied February 18th, 2009
Community Volunteer
Prison Marrage
Another HUGE injustice! I am a law abiding man who has never committed a crime but since I am gay I am not allowed to marry my partner of 15 years.
If I was a straight man it wouldn't matter if I murdered 100 people and rapped girls for fun,I could still get legally married in prison.It sucks.The system and peoples morals are screwed up and just wrong wrong wrong...did I say its wrong? Its wrong!!!
|
Users who thank homerx for this post: diamondsz 

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Prison Marrage
homerx wrote:
Another HUGE injustice! I am a law abiding man who has never committed a crime but since I am gay I am not allowed to marry my partner of 15 years.
If I was a straight man it wouldn't matter if I murdered 100 people and rapped girls for fun,I could still get legally married in prison.It sucks.The system and peoples morals are screwed up and just wrong wrong wrong...did I say its wrong? Its wrong!!!

I heard about that, thought it was absolutly ridiculous the fact that a criminal can get married and yet an innoncent gay person cannot. I get frustrated you have more straight people running aids, since it is profoundly found higher in heterosexual females and yet gays are blamed. You have more straight people running around hooking up and yet when a gay person actually values his/her relationship, it has no consistency.

Peoples morals are definatly screwed up Homer!
|
Users who thank diamondsz for this post: homerx 

User Profile
Community Volunteer
yeah,it's enough to make me crazy if I let it...but I try my darnedest not to get too worked up or it paralyzes me.I have to keep my head on and FIGHT for human rights,GLBT rights and the right to marry my partner.Civil union is a slap in the face if you really think about it. Its like freeing the slaves and then saying "Oh, by the way, U R free but U R not allowed to vote". I say make divorce illegal if the idea of marriage is ONE man and ONE woman...we all know divorce is over 70% now and yet the straight population can get married again and again and again and again and again! What the **** is up with that? Religion is used and abused by the right wing "religious" republican majority...no better than Nazis if U ask me..its redundant.It really is.One day though.Mark my words...one day it will change! nIf civil union is the same as marrage,like so many say,then why dont they just havea civil union?Why make it against the law for me to marry Ricky if its the same as a civil union..popppycock! protest protest protest rainbowflag rainbowflag rainbowflag
|