Medical Questions > Mental Health > Addiction, Recovery Forum

Marijuana withdrawal situation

So I've been a everyday smoker for a year and a half and after one bad high I decided I didn't want to smoke anymore I quit cold turkey about 10 days ago. I went through the mood swings and all that but I got through it. The new thing that has come up is the obsessive thoughts of suicide. In no way am I suicidal; actually very much the opposite. But for the past day and today it is lingering in the back of my mind and I can figure out why. I'm trying to block it out and it's getting a little better but not much. Is this the process of getting thc out of my body?
Also I tend to search the internet way too much wen there's something going on with me and I think I am freaking myself out more then I need to. Is this normal? I believe I'm just overthinking and just need to push thru.

Thank for the help
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 7th, 2013
To me, at a guess, your thoughts seem perhaps more driven by anxious thinking than depression, but I could be wrong. It is late, but you could be experiencing some final withdrawal type symptoms. I would expect it to end soon.

If you were smoking all the time, then you might have been using Marijuana to medicate or "repress" issues, and these may be surfacing now.

I bet you $10 that your "bad high" was a panic attack, usually occurs when you have smoked too much Smile
|

replied October 7th, 2013
Hey thanks. I've actually been looking around and it happens to some during withdrawal. It's slowly starting to repress but I think it will go away soon enough especially with school distracting me from it. I'm not depressed so yea must be anxious thinking. This is the last thing holding me back from completely being myself again
|

replied December 18th, 2013
Experienced User
You need to set a quit date. This is to allow yourself to get totally prepared to quit smoking marijuana. Your quit date should be an actual date. It should not be when your stash runs out, or roughly a week before the next semester of school starts, or next month.
|
Must Read
What's the difference between substance abuse and addiction? Learn the basics and the science of addiction here....
Are some people more at risk than other of becoming drug addicts? Learn which factors influence addiction and how you can avoid developing the disease....
There are a wide range of signs and symptoms of drug addiction. Here we review the common physical, emotional and behavioral signs of addiction....