Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

many thoughts are playing in my mind

User Profile
i have a psychological disease (daydreaming).
when i am sleeping then many of the thoughts are playing in my mind . that's why i can't take a proper sleep.
Kindly help me.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 10th, 2012
Sleep Disorders Answer A35862
Welcome to e health forum.

Daydreaming is not a disease. It is most likely that you are lacking interest in either your work or study. It is also possible that you may be having stress related issues.

At a young age, you should not think, that you have serious sleep disorders.

Some important tips for having good sleep include -

1. The most important measure is to maintain a regular sleep and wake pattern seven days a week. It is also important to spend an appropriate amount of time in bed (minimum 7-8 hours), not too little, or too excessive.

2. Avoid day time naps, as it can disturb the normal pattern of sleep and wakefulness.

3. Avoid stimulants such as caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol too close to bedtime. While alcohol is well known to speed the onset of sleep, it disrupts sleep in the second half as the body begins to metabolize the alcohol, causing arousal.

4. Exercise can promote good sleep. Vigorous exercise should be taken in the morning or late afternoon. A relaxing exercise, like yoga, can be done before bed to help get good sleep at night.

5. Food can be disruptive right before sleep; stay away from large meals close to bedtime.

6. Take a walk or a run in the morning or evening. Exposure to sunlight (light therapy) is helpful to maintain a healthy sleep-wake cycle.

7. Try to avoid emotionally upsetting conversations and activities before trying to go to sleep. Associate your bed with sleep. Do not use your bed to watch TV, listen to the radio, or read.

8. Make sure that the sleep environment is pleasant and relaxing. The bed should be comfortable, the room should not be too hot or cold, or too bright.

Following these tips will help you improve your sleep.

If you have doubts and they are not helping, you might consult with a doctor who can examine you and gain more history and help u accordingly.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sleep Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.