Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Forum

Managing Chronic Fatigue Syndrome symptoms

User Profile
For some time now I have been experiencing pain and numbness in the lower part of my left arm. The pain starts at the elbow and goes right down to my fingers. Although it is mainly in my left arm it sometimes occurs in my right arm and I also have the same sensations in the tops of my legs.

The pain is quite bad a night time and it stops me having a full nights sleep. Sometimes the pain is so bad that I cannot sleep at all.

Over the past few years I have had a number of tests including MRI scans of my whole spine, brain and neck - all which came back clear. I have also seen a Rheumatologist who found nothing. In December last year it was concluded that I mustbe suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I have been told to try and self manage my symptoms and then return to see the Consultant in November.

I have tried self managing for six months but my symptoms seem to be getting more severe not better. I went to see my GP who told me to wait until I see the Consultant.

I

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 4th, 2010
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Answer A13840
Thanks for using this forum....

You are explaining about left forearm and hand...and the cervical spine MRI is normal according to you...The only part left to confirm is nerve studies at forearm level ...these are called NCV and EMG..I am sure something will come out of it...

take care...

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Understanding the process of aging and its effects on the body can help us protect our health. But what is aging? And what can we expect as we age?...
Learn how genetics and time play a role in the aging process. Plus, information on how to avoid certain risk factors of aging and how to have a long life here....
The body deteriorates over time. But which systems are affected and how? We take a look at effects of aging on different processes and causes here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Chronic Fatigue Syndrome , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.