Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acid Reflux Forum

Mallory Weiss tear crimping is advisable, safe ?

Hi, I am suffering from Mallory Weiss Tear from last 6 months. First 3 month I took medicine, after that as vomiting stopped and was no other abnormality doctor suggest to not to take another Endoscopy. Now, before 2 days I vomit with tiny fresh blood (also I have so many pockets beside my palet, some white small thing grow up and after few remove itself, that time i observe blood with that tiny white thing). Now, Doctor is advising for crimping.
I am 26, female, married, planning for our first baby. does this tear cause any problem for the same.do crimping is advisable, safe ? Please help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 15th, 2014
thank you for asking!
It is the recurrence of Mallory weiss tear and i suggest get over it.there are many options form medicines to interventions.ALl you need is to seek an interventional vascular radiology and they will select the best option to get it over with.Contact thermal treatment, epinephrine injection,sclerosant injection, argon plasma coagulation,band ligation, hemoclip placement,balloon tamponade, angiotherapy and surgical sewing of lacerations are some of the interventions to choose from and perfectly safe.modify diet and lifestyle and fix any risk factor like retching, vomiting, straining, hiccupping, coughing, primal scream therapy, blunt abdominal trauma, and cardiopulmonary resuscitation and hiatal hernia if present.
Go for it. DO as directed by your doctor and your baby will be fine.there is nothing to do with the baby in this condition.
Take care

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Almost everyone experience heartburn or acid indigestion at times. But what is acid reflux and how could it cause more serious problems?...
Can you tell the difference between common heartburn symptoms and signs of more serious digestive problems? Learn when and how to take action for acid reflux....
Heartburn is common, but it is not trivial. It's important to diagnose and treat heartburn or acid reflux as early as possible. Review diagnostic procedure now...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Acid Reflux , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.