User Profile
My age is 25(male).I was down with flu in 2007 Feb and later developed dehydration, difficulty in breathing and severe leg pains unable to walk,finally realized that water was formed in the lungs.I lost around 10-15 kilos.After all the tests and CT scan Dr.removed water from my lungs thrice and once ultrasound scan and later injected me with injections like anti HIV,anti Hepatitis and also with 2 packets of blood.Though I recovered from illness my right side lung did not expand and Dr.said operation has to be done. But due to my exams I did not undergo the operation and told them I\'ll be back after exams.I am 65 kilos now and my question to you is: 1)Do I need to undergo the operation for expansion of my lung because there is no improvement.I\'m also scared the tumor might develop into cancer because of not undergoing operation. Does that really happen.
2)If I\'ve to consult a from where should I start now & preventive measures
During the treatment I used AKT3 and AKT4 for 4mon

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied September 4th, 2010
Tuberculosis Answer A15917
Hi, and thanks for your medical question on eHealth forum!

There is missing piece of story in this. If you have a lump in the lungs and tubercular pathology was suspected and the fluid collection was tubercular, then the antitubercular therapy could have reduced the tumor and causes expansion of lungs.

If some other tumor is suspected then this would have been defined by the CT scan and if this is a benign tumor then it is better to get this removed. If there is fibrosis in the lungs, then this will not respond to surgery.

I suggest you discuss everything with the chest specialist and then decide what needs to be done. A recent chest CT would help in understanding your condition better. Hope this helps. Take care!

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Flu basics - what is the flu? Get started here to learn how to protect yourself....
Who is at risk of developing flu related complications? Can people die from the flu? More on risk factors here....
We answer your questions on flu symptoms here. How are cold and flu symptoms different? When should you seek medical help for flu? Plus more....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Tuberculosis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.