Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

Making sense of hallucinations/delusions/confusions

User Profile
Many people experience hallucinations, delusions, and/or confusions. Only 10-25% of these persons eventually go on to develop schizophrenia or another psychotic disorder.

Before the mental health community start diagnosing these unusual experiences as a disorder, we need to know what having these unusual experiences is actually like for people who go through them, from their own perspectives. Before diagnosis, we start with curiosity, openness, and compassion. What's your story?

I'm also grateful for any thoughts/ideas you may have about a project like this. All questions and concerns are welcome.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper guest46984
|

replied March 28th, 2013
Before diagnosis you may start with curiosity and open s
But after that you become a slave inin your own creation our a master... It depends.... If you enjoy that world and want to live like that then you can merrily live... ForFor me the world was without passion, pain, fear, responsibility, satisfaction, enjoyment love etc ... If I wanted toto I could have lived like that... No worries no failure nothing... It would have been easy too... But iI didn't... Anyway thatthat was a choice... When and if you want to make the choice then you feel trapped in your own creation... Helpless burdened and everything... They are similar like that to worlds of normal people..
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Users who thank guest46984 for this post: Fordham_making_meaning 
Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....