User Profile
Dear Sir,

I've made a big big mistake in my life last 2 weeks ago. i have an oral sex with a sex worker (man) from Thailand. 'She' just do an oral sex to me until i'm ejaculate (& i'm wearing condom too). how big is the hiv risk is considering i have make love with my wife 2 days after the incident & have a son who is still
breastfeeding. right now i feel the anxiety far far too much when seeing my family. what possibility that i can get the virus? can i make the hiv test now?

..and I forget to say that before 'she' do the oral sex, i didn't wash my penis
at all & also after i'm ejaculate. just finish it & i'm gone without wash it.
any possibility on this?

hope your kind answer very soon

really regret

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 1st, 2011
HIV and AIDS Answer A20243
Hello and thank you for posting your medical question on E health forum.

In your case, since you had used a condom during oral sex and there was no direct contact the risk is considerably less and hence the chances of infection is very less.

FOR YOUR INFORMATION, HERE ARE A FEW FACTS REGARDING ORAL SEX AND HIV TRANSMISSION.

It is possible for either partner to become infected with HIV through performing or receiving oral sex with a person infected with HIV.

If the person performing oral sex has HIV, blood from their mouth may enter the body of the person receiving oral sex through the lining of the urethra, vagina or cervix; anus; or directly into the body through small cuts or open sores.

If the person receiving oral sex has HIV, their blood, semen (cum), pre-seminal fluid (pre-cum), or vaginal fluid may contain the virus. Cells lining the mouth of the person performing oral sex may allow HIV to enter their body.

The risk of HIV transmission when either of the partner is infected, increases with the presence of open cuts, sores, in the mouth, presence of other STDs. The risk increases also if the person receiving oral sex ejaculates in the mouth of the person performing oral sex.

Transmission of Infection via oral sex with a partner can be prevented by - using a latex barrier. Ex. a condom (latex or polyurethane) on the penis; or a latex barrier between the mouth and the vagina (a natural rubber latex sheet, dental dam, or a cut-open condom that makes a square or a plastic food wrap.

Tests for HIV antibodies can be done after at least 4-6 weeks (average 28 days) after the exposure.

You might consider consulting your GP for further advice and additional information on tests for HIV.

I hope this information here is helpful.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our HIV and AIDS , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.