Medical Questions > Cancer > Lymphoma Forum

Lymphoma Question

User Profile
I am a Female, 34, healthy, normal weight. I have had an enlarged right inguinal lymph node since Sept 2018, went to the dr and was told its small, not irregular shaped, and that i probably only felt because im thin, not to worry. I went back in October, for a different reason, but casually mentioned the node. Again, not to worry. I went back a third time in Dec and bloodwork and ultrasound ordered. Bloodwork came back normal except positive ANA, so more was ordered, I am awaiting results. Ultrasound report as follows:
examination of the right groin demonstrates visualization of a hypoechoic complex ovoid structure measuring 0.8x0.7x2.5cm, a second similar hypoechoic lesion measuring 0.8x0.8x0.3cm, a third similar architectual characteristics measuring 1.0x0.69x0.2cm and a fourth lesion measuring 0.6x0.6x0.5cm are seen in the right groin. Lesions demonstrate some elements of central vascularity. Overall, lesions demonstrate an overall reniform shape. The appearance is compatible with multiple right inguinal nodes bilaterally enlarged. Impression: findings compatible with multiple mildly enlarged right inguinal nodes as discussed above. No other soft tissue lesions or masses.
I asked to be referred for biopsy. I have an appointment with a general surgeon next week. Does this ultrasound report sound worrisome? I am not and have not been sick at all, so these seem to be enlarged for no reason. I do not have any other symptoms; I feel perfectly fine.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 14th, 2019
Lymphoma Answer A64749
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!
I read your question and I understand your concern.
This ultrasound report doesnot sound worrisome as the lymph node size is less. In adult inguinal lymph nodes are usually considered as clinically significant if they are larger than 2 cm,rubbery or hard and fixed or matted.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Lymphoma , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.