Medical Questions > Cancer > Lymphoma Forum

Lymphoma Question

User Profile
Hi, I've been having an enlarged lymphnode in my neck for about almost 2 years now. I've been to the doctor several test have been done with everything coming up “negative" for cancer, but the enlarged lymphnode is still there and it hurts from time to time.

First, on January 8th, 2018 the doctor did a SOFT TISSUE ULTRASOUND and it showed a Sonography right submandibular prominent node measuring 1.6 x 1 x 1.5 cm with prominent blood flow involving the entire lymphnode. The medulla of the lymphnode is effaced and the cortex is thickened, at list 5 mm thickness.

So in January 29th, 2028 he suggested a CT Neck Intravenous contrast for further evaluation. And that came with the next results:
Limphnodes: Prominent to borderline enlarged bilateral level 2 lymph nodes each meassuring 1.0 cm short axis. At the level of the hyoid bone, there is a enlarged right cervical lymph node associated with the carotid sheath measuring approximate 1.0 cm short axis. At the level of the right thyroid lobe there is a enlarged lymph node measuring 1.2 cm short axis. There is an enlarged right submandibular lymphnode measuring 1.1 cm short axis by 1.7 cm in AP dimension. The conclusion of this CT test is: Multifocal prominent to enlarged cervical lymph nodes, right greater than left. Largest lymph node is seen within the right submandibular region measures 1.1 x 1.7 cm in cross-section.

Given this results, the Dr. referred me in February 2018 to do a FINE NEEDLE BIOPSY of the right submandibular lymph node, level 1B. The final diagnosis of this was: No metastatic epithelioid infiltrates, granulomata, or Reed-Sternberg-type cells seen. Current flow cytometric analysis performed and reported to show no flow immunophenotypic evidence for a lymphoproliferative disorder.

So after all of this the doctor told me there is not showing of cancer. Which is a positive results. Then in September 9th, 2018 the doctor proceeded to make lab work for some viruses and it came positive for the Epstein-Barr Virus IgM Antibody with 153.00 u/mL range. He also checked for Lyme Disease which came negative with

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 17th, 2018
Lymphoma Answer A64487
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Yes,it could be to viral infection.
I would suggest you have repeat FNAC after 6 months as sometimes lymphoma behave like simple hyperplasia of lymph node initially.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Lymphoma , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.