User Profile
In the month of August, i had fever and my neck lymph nodes got swollen with a lot of pain. I went to the Doctor thinking that it could be mumps, but the doctor gave me antibiotics to control the fever and confirmed that I dont have mumps. 2 weeks later my fever was not in control and reached 102 - 103, but my swelling of neck lymph nodes had gone.

Again I went to the doctor, he admitted me in the hospital. I had an operation of pilonidal sinus and was given antibiotocs for 2 weeks. After 2 weeks, my fever settled and came to normal, and I was sent back home.

After 3 weeks, my fever shooted again till 103 - 104 and my neck lymph nodes got swollen up again with a lot of pain. I went to the doctor, I was admitted in the hospital again and given antibiotics. My doctor got my FNAC done, of which the report said: (microscopic appearance: Hypercellular aspirate reveals exuberant proliferation of polymorphus population mature lymphoid cells. No granuloma or evidence of malignancy is seen.)

Then, my doctor suspected that it could be tuberculosis, so he started anti tb medicine "Myreen-p" from the 31st of October. I have to take these 5 tablets in the morning, 45 minutes before breakfast. After 3 days of taking anti-tuberculosis medicine, my fever settled to normal and my neck lymph node swelling decreased day by day.

My doctor got my CT Scan done and the report said: (Multiple lymph nodes of various sizes are noted in paraaortic, interaortocaval region and along illiac vessels; the largest one in abdomen measures 1.6*1.5cm at interaortocaval region and 1.5*0.8cm along the left illiac vessels.)

Right after my CT scan report, my doctor got my biopsy done. Now, the report is awaited.

Could you please guide me about what is going on with me since 3 months. What sort of an infection or disease do I have that the doctor is unable to find out. Hopefully, the biopsy report will tell us what exactly the problem is. But what if the biopsy report also doest give us any clue??
Please help me out as I am desperate to know whats wrong with me so that I get proper medication accordingly.
Thankyou
Mimisha
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 30th, 2011
i caught chlamidia two years ago and got treated and cured but since then ive had a weird feeling in my lymp node in groin area doctors say its a vain but it doesnt feel right
|

User Profile
replied June 4th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
This lymphadenopathy could be due to lymphoma or tuberculosis. Biopsy of lymph node will sort it out.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Must Read
What does it mean to have low levels of thyroid hormone in the body? We outline how doctors define hypothyroidism here....
What medical conditions cause hypothyroidism? And what puts you at risk of developing these conditions? More hypothyroid basics here....
When are symptoms of hypothyroidism serious? When should you seek medical help. Click here to learn when doctors recommend you come in for a visit....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gland Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.