Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gland Disorders Forum

Lymph nodes? Infection?

Must Read
What does it mean to have low levels of thyroid hormone in the body? We outline how doctors define hypothyroidism here....
What medical conditions cause hypothyroidism? And what puts you at risk of developing these conditions? More hypothyroid basics here....
When are symptoms of hypothyroidism serious? When should you seek medical help. Click here to learn when doctors recommend you come in for a visit....
Male (30) 4 weeks ago a lymph node appeared in my jaw which swelled my entire cheek, blood came back fine and doc said I had nothing to worry about. That night I began to run a mild fever and the lymph nodes in my groin, cheek, arm pits and behind my knees began to hurt. This ceased after 24 hours bar the groin pain. My lymph node in my jaw and swelling has reduced but I have begun to get swelling on the right side of my pubic bone, beside my penis. Urine sample has been tested but they are unsure what has caused the swelling. The pain runs from my hip across my lower abdomen, past the penis and down one side of the gluteus. Swelling is soft with no lumps and doc also think its is not due to a twisted testicle. Pain is concentrated 1 inch from penis, at a 10 o'clock position from docs view. Pain is worse when sitting which is hard as I work in a office. Please help
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied March 26th, 2012
Welcome to e health forum.

You need not worry about the enlarged lymph nodes. They will subside on their own without any interventions.

The description of your pain appears to be due to renal stones. Pain that originates due to renal issues (Stones, infection) is usually episodic , spasmodic or colicky in nature, originating in the flank and radiating to the lower belly, inner thigh. It is associated with other symptoms like nausea, vomiting and systemic features due to any infection.

The exact cause of your symptoms need to be ruled out with a ultrasound or a CT scan of the abdomen. The results of a Urinalysis, might also give a clue to the probable cause.

Hence you might consult with your doctor for a proper physical examination, above mentioned tests and proper therapeutic advice.

I hope this helps.
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gland Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.