Hi there,

My son is due to have a pacemaker fitted within the next few weeks for a complete heart block.

Doctors do not know what could have caused it, so are treating it as congenital even though as he was born 6 weeks early, doctors would have noticed it at birth.

My question is: I had a tock bite a few months before getting pregnant with my son, and the tick was removed very carelessly by the doctor (broke up and had to be removed piece by piece with needles) aand from what I understand, Lyme Disease can be transmitted via the placenta, and can cause heart block. I have mentioned this to his cardiologist, who says even if this is the case, antibiotics wouldn't do any good this far along, whereas the cases on the internet suggest otherwise.

Can anyone shed any light please?
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....