Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Insect Bites Forum

Lyme Disease and Co-infections

User Profile

Hello. I have recently been diagnosed with human monocytic ehrlicia, a co-infection of LYME. I was told I had Fibromyalgia after my symptoms from meningitis did not go away. Ten years have passed and I'm finally getthing proper treatment. I have been told repeatedly over the years that, "You'll just have to manage the Fibromyalgia symptoms" and "There's nothing wrong; it's all in your head." I have found this is not uncommon to hear from doctors who can't find the answers. I have tested negative two times for the borrelia, but positive for the ehrlichia. It is not uncommon to test negative as the tests are unreliable and I've learned as much as 50% of the time. Lyme disease can mimc many other diseases including Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue, MS, ALS, Atzheimers and many others. It can affect your immune system, activate viruses, affect many organs including the skin, brain, liver and other parts of the body. It can be very debilitating and life altering. I have recently been through breast cancer, mastectomy and reconstruction; and I will say that LYME DISEASE has been way more of a challenge for me and more disabling. It is a serious disease that left untreated can have devastating consequences.
I'd love to know your LYME story and what treatment protocol you are on. Do you have a success story to share? Are there any others who have been misdiagnosed or wondering if LYME disease is a possibility? Has anyone tried things to boost your immune system? A little hope goes a long way so if there's anything about LYME to share, I'd love to hear it.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 1st, 2013
Experienced User

Hello. I have recently been diagnosed with human monocytic ehrlicia, a co-infection of LYME. I was told I had Fibromyalgia after my symptoms from meningitis did not go away. Ten years have passed and I'm finally getthing proper treatment. I have been told repeatedly over the years that, "You'll just have to manage the Fibromyalgia symptoms" and "There's nothing wrong; it's all in your head." I have found this is not uncommon to hear from doctors who can't find the answers. I have tested negative two times for the borrelia, but positive for the ehrlichia. It is not uncommon to test negative as the tests are unreliable and I've learned as much as 50% of the time. Lyme disease can mimc many other diseases including Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue, MS, ALS, Atzheimers and many others. It can affect your immune system, activate viruses, affect many organs including the skin, brain, liver and other parts of the body. It can be very debilitating and life altering. I have recently been through breast cancer, mastectomy and reconstruction; and I will say that LYME DISEASE has been way more of a challenge for me and more disabling. It is a serious disease that left untreated can have devastating consequences.
I'd love to know your LYME story and what treatment protocol you are on. Do you have a success story to share? Are there any others who have been misdiagnosed or wondering if LYME disease is a possibility? Has anyone tried things to boost your immune system? A little hope goes a long way so if there's anything about LYME to share, I'd love to hear your story.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn the basics about various conditions and diseases, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options....
Learn about risk factors to developing a certain conditions and diseases. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for certain conditions and diseases....