User Profile
i am very confused.
i would really appreciate someones advice!
i have been with my boyfriend almost 2 years.
when we met he smoked a lot of weed, and the more serious i got about him, the more i didnt like it.
he said he would stop it and he has cut down a lot.
but he has lied a couple of times to me about this because i find him doing it.
on the weekend i smelt pot and sure enough i ask him if he has it and he immediatley says no. i said im not stupid i can smell it and then he admits and feels bad and doesnt want to lose me. i hear the same story.. i was afraid to tell you and you would be so mad and i didnt know what your reaction would be and blah blah.
yes this upsets me that he is doing it behind my back.
it hurts more that he can not come forward and tell me.
he actually told me about 2 months ago that he was done. and when i said easy as that? he answered why are you doubting me.
i love him very much and i want to help him get through it and support him to kick this habit, but how do i know he is telling the truth?
how do i know that something like this will not turn into deeper problems?
how do i get him to just tell me the TRUTH
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 7th, 2008
Supporter
Hi Sweetie! Me Fairy*Godmother
First, by you allowing him to get away with it time and time again, he is going to think you're just blowing steam................you have to make a believer of him. If this means telling him to go.....then he needs to know you mean business. Give him the ultimatum...you or Weed.......jsut don't get hurt if he doesn't choose you. I know a LOT of people who smoke pot. Most of them have done it for years.....half of them would rather cut off an arm than to give it up. If he honestly loves you and wants to be with you.....he will find a way to stop smoking pot. Just that simple. As for him being honest and telling the truth.....if he lies about this, what else does he lie about? Lots of questions..........but I understand, when you love someone you tolerate a lot. I'm just saying you should give him the choice....you or weed. See what he does and says.......if he says he wants you. Thats great......first time you smell pot on him, its to the MOOn Alice!!!!!!!!! May not be what you want to hear, I'm just honest and blunt and been around that block a lot of times!!!!! Hugs
|

User Profile
replied July 7th, 2008
Experienced User
thanks for your advice and honestly!!
|

User Profile
replied July 8th, 2008
Supporter
Anytime!
Glad I could at least try to help you! HUGS!
|