User Profile
Hi, everyone
Recently I’ve some changes in the body. Knee pain and shoulder pain occur every morning that I can’t stand up. I often take 10-15’ to stand and move round my room, too exhausted. I also feel tired without reasons and my skin becomes sensitive. Whenever going out, it gets burning and has some tiny red spots. As my family has member with lupus, so I’m a little nervous. Do I have fibromyalgia or lupus?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper jane246
|

replied December 23rd, 2017
hi, jenifer 1303
Your symptoms sound like lupus. As I know, lupus often develops sensitive skin, joint pain or muscle pain, fatigue, hair loss and fever. Fibromyalgia raises muscle aches without reasons and tiredness. To make sure, you should get tests. ANA test may help find out your lupus.
|

User Profile
replied December 26th, 2017
hi, jane 246
I got test for lupus already as doctor told me there was no test for fibromyalgia. But, I've to need to take more time to have the right diagnosis. My doctor encouraged me to relax, reduce stress and pay attention to my diet but she didn't prescribe medicines.
|

replied December 26th, 2017
Maybe your doctor wants to have diagnosis before prescription. While waiting have the right results, you can follow her instruction to reduce fatigue. Besides, I think you should try to do gentle exercises like yoga or walking. Eat more vitamin B12, C, D, E, iron and omega3s foods. These may help relieve knee pain and fatigue. As fatigue sometimes occurs by iron and vitamin B12 deficiencies, you may consider to take iron or vitamin b12 supplements.
|

User Profile
replied December 27th, 2017
Thank you for your advice. I try to do yoga, but it seems to be difficult for me, I feel more tired after doing it. For supplements, do they cause side effects and should I take supplement for lupus at this time?
|

replied December 28th, 2017
Exercise may be difficult for you on the first day. If you feel exhausted, you should do it in a short time. For supplements, iron supplement sometimes causes constipation, you need to eat lots of fruits, vegetables and drink more water. I used to take b12 and iron supplements to deal with fatigue. They work well for me, but I can’t sure it work effectively for you. Maybe they work on each individuals. For supplement for lupus, I see many people take lupufree and have changes. But you maybe don't have lupus, so you should wait to have the right diagnosis and ask your doctor before taking it.
|

User Profile
replied December 29th, 2017
Thanks so much. Maybe I have to wait exactly diagnosis.
|

replied December 27th, 2017
Hi, jenifer1303
Diagnosed with lupus, I have some similar symptoms to you, but I have joint pain and also develop fever in the evening. I can’t make sure you have lupus, I just wanna share my experiences to help you a little. Firstly, you shouldn't be too worried, wait to have the exactly diagnosis. In this time, you should take more time to relax, manage stress and nervousness, do anything you like and join clubs. You can find someone to share your troubles. Next, eat healthy foods, you should avoid trans-fat or processed foods. Instead, eat more salmon, broccoli, sardines, fruits and vegetables. If you can't eat them, consider to take supplements. Lastly, try to apply sunscreen before going out and avoid sunlight from 11 am to 3 pm. As a lupus patient, I also experience these symptoms. I hope you don't have the disease, above tips may help you reduce your signs.
|

User Profile
replied December 29th, 2017
thanks for your useful tips. I'll try them and hope I don't have lupus
|
Tags: lupus
Quick Reply
Must Read
Learn the basics about autoimmune disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing an autoimmune disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for autoimmune disorders....