Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Lupus Forum

Lupus Antibodies - they never go away right?

I was told by my hematologist a couple years ago that I had APS, he has since left the practice so I have to see the new one there. He told me 2 weeks ago that I do not have APS, but I have Lupis Antibodies in my blood. He ordered 2 blood tests, Lupus Anticoagulants and Anticardiolipin antbodies. I went back today to get the results and he informed me that the Lupus Antibodies are going away? I was told that once you have them in your system, they never go away. Does he know what he is talking about? He didn't give me the levels of these blood tests.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 3rd, 2014
Thank you for asking

These diseases are not cured but rather managed. So if they showed up in blood they need management and that comprises of diet and lifestyle modifications. constant use of hydroxychloroquine, avoiding triggers, having an eye on renal functions, and a constant touch to a rheumatologist.

Good Luck

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn the basics about autoimmune disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing an autoimmune disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for autoimmune disorders....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Lupus , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.