Medical Questions > Cancer > Lung Cancer Forum

Lung Cancer Question

User Profile
I'm a 26 year old female.. I have been a smoker since I was 14 and about a week ago I noticed a taste of blood in my mouth but didn't think any thing of it until the next day while I was napping I began coughing really bad I went back to sleep for a another hour or two and woke up with the same taste of blood in my mouth I took a qtip and wiped it around my mouth an sure enough there was blood on my gum near my wisdom tooth that has yet to cut through. I'm really worried this could mean I have lung cancer I always wake up in the night with a tickle in the back of my throat that causes me to cough and m voice is always hoarse I have also been having pain In my shoulder blade.. I had a chest X-ray 6-7 months ago for other reasons and the doctor told me everything was fine.. Could I still get lung cancer In the time.. I have had many chest X-rays and even a few ct scans which I know can cause cancer.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 30th, 2013
Lung Cancer Answer A44387
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Having paroxysms of cough can lead to rupture of delicate vessels in throat, and esophagus leading to bleeding. You should consider visiting your doctor/healthcare provider at the earliest for through evaluation to look for the underlying cause for the cough and the bleeding that you describe. Further treatment options as appropriate (based on examination findings and evaluation results) would be started to help you control the symptoms. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/healthcare provider and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Start here for facts about lung cancer. We help you understand lung anatomy and outline the different types of lung cancer that doctors diagnose....
Doctors know that smoking tobacco damages the lungs. But does smoking cause lung cancer? And are smoker more at risk of lung cancer than non-smokers? More here....
Early lung cancer symptoms can be difficult to spot. Learn how to identify signs and symptoms and know when to seek medical help for lung cancer here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Lung Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.