Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Lung cancer fear and anxiety

Hi I'm 26 years old and suffering with extreme health anxiety. It's been a really stressful past month for me. I was tested for oral cancer and it sent me into anxiety and panic mode my body went into shock. I'm a smoker although have cut down to two or three a day. I got a bad chest cold over Xmas time and it lasted a week then went away. The cough is lingering but getting much much better. I was producing lots of phlem but that's stopped almost completely to. The thing is I've started to get pain under my left shoulder blade when I takea deep breath. It also hurts if I move the wrong way or pick something up. My left breast is also sore and can feel the pain when I breathe there as well. It's not severe in any way it's mild pain. My anxiety is probably making it much worse. I'm convinced I have lung cancer and do not have health insurance to just go to the doctor to alleviate my fears. I don't know what to do. I'm anxious from the time I wake up til I fall asleep. Please can anyone shed some light on this.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 8th, 2016
Also the results for the oral cancer were negative. Had blood work taken and that was all normal, oxygen sat 100% . everything I read says shoulder pain in a common symptom. I'm gaining my weight back I lost last month from all the stress. I have a huge appetite. I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm convinced I'm gonna die and I can't get it out of my head. My dad died from lung cancer and that makes my fears worse. I know it's probly a muscle strain cause it doesn't hurt to bad and does hurt when I move or bend the wrong way. I just can't get these bad thoughts out of my head.
|

Also the results for the oral cancer were negative. Had blood work taken and that was all normal, oxygen sat 100% . everything I read says shoulder pain in a common symptom. I'm gaining my weight back I lost last month from all the stress. I have a huge appetite. I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm convinced I'm gonna die and I can't get it out of my head. My dad died from lung cancer and that makes my fears worse. I know it's probly a muscle strain cause it doesn't hurt to bad and does hurt when I move or bend the wrong way. I just can't get these bad thoughts out of my head.
|

Leave A Reply
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...