Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

Lumps under arm

Hi There rainbow

I have a lump under my left armpitt. My mother and sister have both died from breast cancer, my mum when she was 50 and my sister when she was 38. I am now 37 and will be 38 in this Novemember. I am worried that it may be cancer. I sometimes have a pain and tightness, well more of a tightness than pain, when I lift that arm up. Also if I lay on that side in bed it is as if the blood circulation is being cut to my arm and under my armpitt it is very tight/restricted. I have had an FNA on my right breast which turned out to be ok. Is there anyone who can offer thoughts????

Thanks
Norse sunny
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 4th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Due to your strong breast cancer history, you'll need to get this lump biopsied.
Swollen lymph node due to cancer isn't painful, feels hard and may cause some discomfort.
Breast cancer can cause swollen lymph node in the armpit, even, when the breast doesn't show any signs of cancer.

Check this as soon as possible!
|

User Profile
replied March 23rd, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Lump in the armpit is usually benign or infectious.
But keeping in view your family history, its better to do excisional biopsy of the lump if its clinically significant. BRCA mutation should also be checked.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cancers , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.