Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Orthopedics Forum

lumps on shin bones and tendons behing knee

I have small lumps on the back of my knees and they go down the front of my shin bone to. I have bad knee pains all the time. I do not know why. Can someone give me some advice as to what it could be because iam to scared to go to dr to get it checked out
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 17th, 2013
Especially eHealthy
hayhay92,

Unfortunately, without an examination, it is not possible to tell exactly what the lumps (masses) are.

A common cause of "bumps" on the anterior leg are herniations of muscle through the fascia. Lipomas are benign adipose tumors that are very common around the lower extremitites.

But, there are a whole host of other causes of lumps and bumps. Again, the only way to know for sure would be to have them looked at.

Good luck.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....