Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Lumps on labia , clogged hair follicles

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
I have been having lumps on my labia near the vagina and above it, they come every few weeks and disappear after a few days, some develop pus adn blood, other don't; they are sometimes painful and sore, other times painless.they don't cause discomfort during sex. I'm married and have a young son and I have never had std.This has been going on for years.
I have seen many gps but none has been able to provide a satisfactory answer. One said it might have something to do with clogged hair follicles and prescribed antibiotics to supress the symptoms. I'm looking for a long term solution and would be very very grateful for your help.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied June 28th, 2010
Womens Conditions Answer A13630
Welcome to ehealthforum.
The recurrent bumps could be due to repeated folliculitis. Get your sugar levels checked to see if that is causing it. Keep the area clean and dry. Stick to having 'cold' foods like lots of fruits and juices along with a well balanced diet.
If STD is suspected, then both you and your partner should get a screening test done, and if any infection is found, both should take treatment simultaneously. Avoid having unprotected intercourse while being on the treatment.
Discuss with your gynecologist about getting these tests done.
All the best.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Womens Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.