Medical Questions > Womens Health > Breasts Forum

lump under nipple and clear dischrge from nipple

hi, i am 14 and i have had a lump under my left nipple for about a few months. today i realized that it discharged a clear liquid. i am very worried. i have already told my parents but not sure if its serious or not. i have read alot of posts on this subject and it seems that alot of boys my age experience. so do i have to be worried about this or will it eventually pass away?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 11th, 2011
Hello,
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out. Such a lump under the nipple can be due to an infection, cyst or fibrocystic change. If lumps are accompanied by breast tenderness and redness, it may suggest an infection. Similarly, breast cysts can also produce firm, tender lumps in the breast that change in size and can also discharge when infected.

To confirm the diagnosis you should get it examined from a doctor and maybe FNAC( fine needle aspiration cytology) done.

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: lump, nipple
Quick Reply
Must Read
Breast cancer kills more women in the United States than any cancer except lung cancer. But what types of breast cancer are possible?...
Why do some women get breast cancer and others don't? Click here to learn what risks you can avoid....
Do you know the warning signs for breast cancer? When should you see your doctor about possible breast cancer symptoms? More information here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Breasts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.