Medical Questions > Cancer > Breast Cancer Forum

Lump under left armpit

Hi,

I'm a 22yr old female and I've recently found a small lump under my left armpit. I've also recently been suffering from a persistent cough for which my GP gave me an inhaler. In addition to this I've also felt fatigued and had headaches and been feeling constantly nauseas. Also abit depressive and negative. I'm taking a contraceptive pill so I don't think I could be pregnant. I saw a Dr about the lump and he gave me some antibiotics saying that it could be an infection. However he didn't really do a thorough checkup or ask any background questions, and after reading some info online, I'm abit worried about cancer...should I see another practitioner, or am I just being paranoid?

Worried.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 9th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
If the swelling appeared suddenly and it is painful, tender to touch and doesn't feel hard, there is no need for worry.
Swollen lymph node due to infection will disappear within two weeks.
Swollen lymph node that is hard and not painful, doesn't easily move under skin, can indicate something more serious like breast cancer (breast cancer can affect the lymph nodes under armpit before the breast tissue itself).
Another symptoms you are experiencing are most likely due to asthma.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Breast cancer kills more women in the United States than any cancer except lung cancer. But what types of breast cancer are possible?...
Why do some women get breast cancer and others don't? Click here to learn what risks you can avoid....
Do you know the warning signs for breast cancer? When should you see your doctor about possible breast cancer symptoms? More information here....