hi my question is my son has just informed me he found a lump under his chin which he says has gone bigger and is sore when pressed on it he is 14year old and im concerned what it could be please help.thank-you
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 19th, 2010
In most cases, lymphoma is a painless condition. Swelling under the chin can be caused by enlarged lymph nodes that are responding to nearby infection or inflamation (or, sometimes, this can also be due to inflammation of the salivary glands due to blockage of the duct, or tube, that drains saliva from the gland).

As I cannot examine your son, I'm afraid that I cannot offer you (or him) a specific diagnosis (or specific medical advice). You should, therefore, take him to see his doctor for a proper evaluation.

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

www.oncoguard.com

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Lymphoma , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.