Medical Questions > Cancer > Breast Cancer Forum

Lump under breast, had cancer and radiation for Hodgkins

Must Read
Breast cancer kills more women in the United States than any cancer except lung cancer. But what types of breast cancer are possible?...
Why do some women get breast cancer and others don't? Click here to learn what risks you can avoid....
Do you know the warning signs for breast cancer? When should you see your doctor about possible breast cancer symptoms? More information here....
User Profile
Im a 39 year old male. I had cancer when I was 20 and had radiation treatments so Im way worried. The treatments were for Hodgkins Disease mainly in my neck but also had spread to my lung. I have a bump under my left nipple on the areola. It looks like one of the normal bumps people have but bigger. Like half the size of my nipple. Its been there for 6 months. Have an appointment in 2 weeks but am freaking out. Is it most likely cancer? Dont know what else it would be. It doesnt hurt at all, sometimes my nipples itch but they always have. Guess I shouldnt freak out but I am. 2 weeks is a long time to wait.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied March 28th, 2012
Breast Cancer Answer A33343
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am glad to help you out.

Given your history of Hodgkin's lymphoma, this lump can be a cyst or a benign or malignant growth. You should get this lump checked from a physician. However the best test for confirmation of this lump is a FNAB (fine needle aspiration biopsy) of the lump which should be got done after consulting a physician. FNAB is aspiration of the material of the glands which is done by a fine gauge needle (22 or 25 gauge) and a syringe. Then the material is looked under the microscope to confirm the diagnosis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Breast Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.