Medical Questions > Womens Health > Breasts Forum


Hi I am a 13.5 year old male starting pueberty what does it mean when i feel a small lump in my chest... is that my nipple there? or what is it? it feels a little pointy and it does not hurt except when i squeze it... Is that my niple coming in or... P.S. The lump is inside of me (not visible_) Thanks
No medical history....
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied April 12th, 2011
Especially eHealthy

It is not uncommon for young men, who are overweight, and reaching puberty, to have breast enlargement. The breasts are mostly adipose tissue (fat).

However, a young man can have a condition called gynecomastia, or breast enlargement. This is where the actual breast tissue (yes, males have some breast tissue, it just doesn't lactate) can overgrow.

Since it is more pronounced on one side than the other, you may have your family doctor take a look at it. It is probably nothing, but, to make sure have it checked. (In very, very rare cases men can actually get breast cancer - which I doubt very highly that this is your case.) Good luck.
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: lump, male, nipple
Quick Reply
Must Read
Breast cancer kills more women in the United States than any cancer except lung cancer. But what types of breast cancer are possible?...
Why do some women get breast cancer and others don't? Click here to learn what risks you can avoid....
Do you know the warning signs for breast cancer? When should you see your doctor about possible breast cancer symptoms? More information here....