Medical Questions > Mens Health > Mens Conditions Forum

lump - oval shaped like a small red bean

User Profile
Recently, I have noticed a lump above the penis near the bladder where the pubic hairs are just a about a week or two ago, with the size of the lump to be, in my opinion, hard and oval shaped like a small red bean with little prominence. After searching the internet for help and advice, I came across a possible method of puncturing it. This, however, could not solve it as I believe that the lump is a bit further in skin rather than being just beneath the outer skin as I could not puncture deep enough to reach the lump.
I have also considered the possibilities of this being an STD, however, I am a virgin. Therefore, I believe that this is not the case. I do however mastrubate, but I am careful with hygiene, washing my hands with soap before and after mastrubation.
I am concerned of this issue and would be grateful to have any possible suggestions of what it might be and possible cures for it. Unfortunately, any advice to see a doctor will be of no use to me. I am barely living off

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied February 23rd, 2017
Mens Conditions Answer A60457
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Bumps on penis are mostly benign and self resolving due to clogged sebaceous pores. Do not pop poke or pick these bumps and maintain good hygiene.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care

Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Mens Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.