Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

Lump on sternum, center of chest.

Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
User Profile
Lump on sternum, center of chest. Appeared like 3 weeks ago. Has decreased slightly in size since then but eems to have stabalized. Its about pea sized. Its disclolored on the surfac, looks like a small bruise. Sometimes it kinda itches I think. Also maybe a faint ache? But the itch and the ache could be in my head.

Small mark on my cheek/jaw line, about the size of the tip of a pen, maybe slightly larger. Its not like a sore but i guess kinda like a scar or something from a really bad shaving cut? Its been there about 6 months and stayed about basically the same. I did squeeze it one time and puss came out but it was pretty bloody. Tried to squeeze again another time and nothing happened.

Both symptoms have stayed pretty much the same and if anything have gotten smaller.

Im a 29 year old male, smoke weed, drink occasionally

Been of suboxone for 7 months. Was on it for a year and a half. Before that was on oxycontons for 6-7 years.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied March 14th, 2012
Cancers Answer A32771

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out. From the description of the symptoms, there’s a possibility of these lesions being sebaceous cysts. Sebaceous cysts arise from swollen glands hair follicles. Skin trauma can also induce a cyst to form.

A sac of cells is created into which a protein called keratin is secreted. These cysts are usually found on the face, neck, and trunk. They are usually slow- growing, painless, freely movable lumps beneath the skin. Occasionally, however, a cyst will become inflamed and tender.

They can be surgically removed or smaller ones injected with steroids. For the confirmation of the diagnosis, you’re suggested to consult a dermatologist as it is not possible to make an online diagnosis.

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cancers , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.