Medical Questions > Cancer > Thyroid Cancer Forum

Lump on my right side of my neck near my thyroid

User Profile
hello. i am 23 years old. i have had a lump on my right side of my neck near my thyroid since i was about 12 years old. i am very concerned now that i am a wife and mother of two. i always get checked by doctors on regular visits and they never say anything about it. should i be worried? i mean if its cancer shouldnt i have noticed a difference in my body by now? the bump is small and tender and does not hurt. lately i have been getting headaches and feel dizzy. nothing serious. it might be stress. can i have advice or ideas on what this could be

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 29th, 2013
Thyroid Cancer Answer A44073
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
It is difficult to comment on the exact cause for the neck lump that you describe near thyroid gland without examining you and going ahead with further evaluation. If worried, you should consider requesting your doctor/healthcare provider to have a thorough evaluation done to look for the exact cause for the lump that you describe. Further treatment options would be suggested based on the evaluation results. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/healthcare provider and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Thyroid Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.