Medical Questions > Cancer > Lymphoma Forum

lump on my right collar bone

User Profile
I have a lump on my right collar bone, why?

It's non movable, quarter size, and doesn't hurt at all.

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Dr. Robert Wascher
|

User Profile
replied November 27th, 2010
Lymphoma Answer A17360
Unfortunately, since I cannot examine you, I will not be able to tell you what this mass is. Generally speaking, however, lumps near the collar bone (clavicle), in the absence of a history of trauma to this area, may include enlarged lymph nodes, fatty benign tumors (lipoma), and bone or muscle tumors. While most of these lumps will turn out to be benign, some can be caused by malignant tumors. Therefore, you should see a doctor, and have this lump examined.

Sincerely,

Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

Author, "A Cancer Prevention Guide for the Human Race"

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Lymphoma , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.