Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

Lump on hip bone

im an 18 year old male and i found a small lump on my hip bone. ive done a small amount of research before going to the doctor but havent really found anything. I dont have an identification card to go to the doctor so thats why im asking on here before hand. Anyway, from the little research ive done ive found out that cancerous tumors or lumps dont move around and this one does move around a little bit. Theres no pain unless large amounts of pressure are applied or small amounts for a continuous amount of time. My mother and girlfriend have said they see some kind of discoloration but i havent seen any. Its a clearly visible lump on the left side of my hip but more towards the front of the body near the groin region but not in it perse. Its about 2 or 3 inches down from the belly button and 3 or 4 inches to left once you go down. If you need any more information please let me know and ill fill you in any further. Please notify me as soon as possible...the women are very scared.

Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 27th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Skin lump, that is painless, soft on touch and usually movable is probably a benign tumor of soft tissue, known as lipoma (composed of fatty tissue).
Lipomas are usually relatively small (diameter of 1-3 cm), located just below the surface of the skin at the usual sites like trunk, thighs and the forearms.
They are harmless in most of the cases and do not need treatment.
They must be examined if they start to change their size (getting bigger) and if they become painful.

Best wishes!
|

replied October 26th, 2011
large mass in back of hip
What about a tumore solid in mass (CT declared that) about two inches by two inches cauliflwer in shape sitting in the hip area but surther back towards the back...
|

replied January 26th, 2015
HELP! Ihave the same issue!! I am a 18 year old female and have a pea sized rock hard lump on my right hip above the bone. It is movable, does not have any pain if pressure is put on it, and has no discoloration. What may this be? I noticed it about a month ago and it has grown in size but is still only a little bigger than a pea. When I stand up, it is very noticable and sticks out pretty far. I have not bruised or injured this area ever in my life. Can anyone help me fingure out what this may be? I am frightened. Thanks.
|
Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....