Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Lump on head, neck, and ear.

Hello!

About a month ago I started getting these lumps.

*A golf ball sized lump at the the back of my head right in the

middle between the back of my head to my right ear.

*A pea sized lump on my right ear behind my ear lobe.

*Three lumps on the right of the neck (two closer together and one

and inch below the two lumps). At first it was a size of a pea then got

swollen to a size of marbles and currently, it is getting smaller.

*One big lump on the right side of my neck where it meets my clavicle

bone.

These all seem to connect like a line, probably my lymph nodes.

The first time I noticed them, they didn't hurt, they are not fixed,

they can move around.

After a few days, they started swelling (every lump).

It hurt and was uncomfortable, even my neck muscles hurt when I

turned my head or touched them.

I am not sure if I have some sort of tuberculosis.

I remember having a huge huge steak feast that was undercooked

before I noticed the lumps.

Currently, my lumps got smaller and don't even hurt when I touch

them but the one on my head is still big and hurts a bit to the touch.

I do not have mono, I don't feel any symptoms from these lumps.

i'm just wondering what this may be / what causes this / is it a

serious problem?

I'm still waiting to see if it will get any smaller and hope it will disappear.

If not, then i'll go to the doctor.

If you have any idea about this, please let me know, thank you very

much!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile MandMs
|

User Profile
replied June 6th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Welcome to EHEALTHforum!
The most common cause of swollen lymph nodes is infection.
When infection is the cause lymph nodes usually are sore or painful on touch and movable.
Swollen lymph nodes may also be caused by some medication.
Do you take some?
Do you have other symptoms, (ear pain sore throat, abscessed or impacted tooth, allergy symptoms), too?
How old are you?
|

replied April 6th, 2009
lump in neck
i have a lump the size of a golf ball below my ear on my neck, i can hardly touch my jaw bone. It has been there for about a week. I have gone to the doctor and he put me on a Z-pack to see if it was a bacterial infection. The lump is very hard and it hurts to touch i think it is a lymphnode but the doctor said it wasnt, sometimes and other times it does not hurt. My neck is very stiff and it hurts to bend it. I also started having headaches once the lump came up.. they feel like sinus headaches with alot of pressure, i also have a stuffy nose and i am VERY tired. I don't want to have cancer.. so i am very scared. I dont have a history of cancer in my family but my boyfriends dad died from non-hodgkins lymphoma so i know all about it. I, like the last post, also had a very undercooked steak at a restaurant.. it was practically still mooing.. what could this be? i am going back to the doctor soon but i am afraid he wont listen to me... can someone help?
|

replied April 7th, 2009
lumps on back of neck
hi, sally90210.
i recently had a bad sinus infection during before which i noticed i had a small bump under my chin, which has now gone away (i didn't go to the dr.). i am still getting over the cold, and have now noticed 3 tiny pea sized lumps on the back on my neck on the left side, 1 on my right. i'm going to the urgent care center tonight. i'm tired,too, and am thinking maybe it's mono. could that be the same with you? have you gone to the dr. yet?
|

User Profile
replied April 15th, 2009
THE BUMPS
i have them too and they seem to travel through my body sometimes. especially if i am sitting or laying at a cretain angle. they seem to really build up around my neck,shoulder and ear areas. the ones by my ear make crackling noise alot it is driving me insane. ..HELP ME SOMEONE PLEASE.
|

replied April 15th, 2009
I have had a lump just below my left ear its really painfull when i move and if i touch it, does any one know what it is ?
Thanks
|

User Profile
replied July 1st, 2009
reply to :MandMs
im 18
i take medication called levothyroxine for my thyroid.
i have ear problems alot and got a plantar wart and some on my hands
|

replied August 16th, 2009
Lumps on the neck, behind the ear or head!
HI everyone. I have also been getting lumps around my neck, behind my ears and around the back of my head. Sometimes they can get as big as a golfball and can be painful. Most of the time they're not though. I just wanted to see if anyone on here had abnormally large tonsils (i do)? I think that may be the underlying cause of these lumps.
|

replied April 15th, 2012
im 14 and i have a small like 1p size lump on the right side of my face near my ear any suggestions on what it could be quite worried about it ?? x
|

User Profile
replied March 23rd, 2019
(online)
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
This could be due to infection.
Lymph nodes are clinically significant only if they are large in size atleast more than 2cm,hard or rubbery or tender and there are systemic or local signs as well.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.