So for a good few weeks now I’ve had a lump on my anus. Very recently it’s gotten slightly bigger and when I put pressure on it, it hurts a tiny bit. It is the same colour essentially as the skin on my anus but when you stretch it you can see purple masses in it. This lump is about the size of a pea, sometimes bigger, sometimes smaller. Either way it’s been there for quite a while and it’s been causing me a lot of worry. I know that it would be best to see a doctor about it, but even the thought of undressing or showing my private areas would be too much as I am too shy for such an encounter.

I’ve Ben doing lots of research on it and chances are it could be hemorrhoids but I do not want to self diagnose as I am no doctor. It is simply the fact it has not gone away and can get larger. Every time I google it comes up anal cancer and my heart nearly stops. I am a 19 year old female who eats quite healthy and active.

Can anyone help me out or ease my worry?
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied March 28th, 2018
I would advise you to relax as it is highly unlikely that this is anal cancer based on your description. You answered the question yourself by saying that the area needs to be examined. Most likely it is an anal fissure or an external hemorrhoid which can be easily treated. Local examination in addition to digital rectal exam would help in managing the condition appropriately on empirical basis. I would advise you to consult your GP as soon as possible to resolve this issue.

Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Colorectal cancer is serious and life-threatening. This section outline types of colorectal cancers, causes and risk factors for development. Get the facts here...
Although most colon cancers begin slowly, there are some people who are more at risk of developing colorectal cancer than others. But who? And why?...
As symptoms of colorectal cancer appear, they typically vary upon location and size. Learn to identify signs and symptoms early. Know when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Colon Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.