Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Lump in vaginal area

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
I had developed a kind of bump on one side and it was sore and red. It wasn't really like a pimple though, it felt hard under the skin, almost like a pea under my skin. I have found this might be an abscess or boil and am wondering if this sounds true? I soaked in warm water last night then applied antibiotic and it made it go down and the hardness seems to have gone away. The main bump had popped though, and another came up. But after soaking it last night, they are both dramatically better. Could someone tell me if this sounds like a boil? I had a wax a couple of weeks ago and thought it might have brought it on. Any advice on this subject?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper wonderingabout

User Profile
replied April 14th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Have you been having any unprotected sex? If so, have your partners been tested for stds? Not to cause a scare or anything, but if your partners haven't been tested you should go to a doctor and get it checked out just to make sure.

How big is the bump? It could possibly have something to do with waxing; maybe an ingrown hair causing it. Have you ever been waxed before? It's hard to say. There could be bumps for many reasons; only a doctor can tell you exactly what it is. Sorry I can't be of more help!
Did you find this post helpful?

replied February 8th, 2009
hi, i think i got the exact came thing it. i got the lump an i kept without seeing a doctor for a week tht it became unbareable to walk.

mine was an abcess and from unprotected sex. it was so painful. i got in 3 times in a period of 3 months.

its really bad.

you better take care and also go see a doctor, the pus and bacteria could be contagious and thus you would need to go for a cluture to check on wht bacteria you need to kill.

take care
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 19th, 2010
I have a lump on my right vagina wall on the outside... it is painful to touch and my gland in the right groin are aching... I am 37 weeks pregnant. is this unprotected sex? the whole std thing? or a hair? I am not sure what o do bout it...
Did you find this post helpful?